1) Know your game. Whatever you are playing, donít expect to win if you are sitting down for the first time. Make sure you understand the rules, the payoffs, what the house gets and what return you are getting. If you are guessing, you will not be successful.
2) Donít drink and play. This is the hardest thing for people to understand, especially in a live casino. Casinos bring you drinks so you will loosen up and keep playing. When you donít have your senses, you will not play as well. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. If you are serious about making money, donít drink, do drugs or otherwise impair yourself. Make sure you are focused and paying attention.
3) Focus more on skill games where you can use math and logic and less on games of luck. Blackjack and craps are games where you can use theories and focus on math and logic to give yourself a chance, especially blackjack. Roulette and slots are more games of luck and chance. Spend more money on the skill games and less on the lucky ones.
4) Budget yourself. Only risk what you plan to risk and donít go any deeper. If you are planning to lose $100, budget yourself for $100 and stick to that. Do not go reload if you blow it in the first five minutes.
5) If playing online, know the software system. If it is microgaming software systems, you can trust the game to be fair and to give you a secure playing environment.
Make sure you have chosen the best casino for you, especially if playing online on a microgaming software systems casino. You will find that all casinos are different, and mental comfort can be the difference between winning and losing.
There is nothing wrong with simply playing for fun and not worrying about winning. But if you want to succeed long term, follow these simple rules. By using the five points above as a checklist, you will find that your money will last a lot longer, and you will have much more fun at the tables, real or virtual.