One of the more interesting strategic games in any casino is video poker. Video poker is played at casinos, racetracks, in bars and online.
Thanks to online microgaming you are capable of playing video poker 24/7 from the comfort of your own home.
Click here to visit The Best Online Casino
Video poker has many different games, and is based roughly on the popular five-card draw game. However, there are many different variations.
In online microgaming, Jacks or better and Deuces Wild are among the most popular, along with Double Bonus and Jokers Wild.
However, there are literally dozens of video poker games available in live casinos and online. Among the available games: 2 Ways Royal, 3 Way Action, Ace Invaders Bonus Poker, Aces and Eights, Aces and Faces, All Aces, All American Poker, Big E Poker, Bonus Deuces, Bonus Poker, Deuces and Joke Wild, Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, Jacks or Better Bonus, Jacks or better Double Bonus, Jackpot Deuces (progressive), Joker Wild, Louisiana Double, Mega jacks, Money Fever, Pick Five, Pick 'Em Poker, Sevens Wild, Sneak Peek Poker, Supajax, Super Jackpot, Tens or Better and Texas Hold 'em.
Each of these has different bonuses and payouts.
Video poker is essentially a computer game anyway, so it is well suited for online microgaming.
There are many ways to play it and lots of tips for better play.
1) You should always play the maximum on a machine. If it is too expensive, go to a cheaper machine. Doing this gives you access to all the bonuses.
2) Don't start thinking a machine is due. If you think it is card dead, you can always switch machines. The next hand won't suddenly be a winner. Each hand is generated randomly and individually and prior results have nothing to do with it.
3) You can easily find services that will tell you the most generous machines. Do some research. You might have to pay for some of these, but they will put you on the right online microgaming.
4) Learn the game variations and pick the best one for you. If you are more successful at Jacks or Better, stick with Jacks or Better.
5) Video poker is a game where some skill combines with luck for the best payoffs. If you know your probability of hitting certain hands, you comfortably play. Whenever possible you should play for the big hands, because that is where the biggest payoffs will come.
A Royal Flush is the best hand on any game, and getting one will provide a massive score. If you have three big cards of the same suit, it is worth gambling with these and giving up pairs if need be in order to try to get the big score. In the long run, one massive hit will pay off more than a lot of little break even moves.
In a casino and in online microgaming, video poker is one of the most interesting games to play. But using some basic strategy, you can become a video poker star.