Caribbean Stud Poker is common in many casinos, both real and online. Play tech online casinos feature this game. It isn't true poker, in that the player is not competing against others players, but more of a traditional casino game where the player is taking on the house.
If you are logging on to play at a play tech casino, you will find this game readily available.
Click here to visit The Best Online Casino
The basics of the game are very simple.
1) The player makes an ante wager, which is not optional. In some games there is a progressive side bet.
2) The player and the dealer each get five cards. All players in the game get five cards, and they are all dealt face down. One dealer card is exposed. Players are allowed to look at their own cards but can't share information.
3) A player must then fold and forfeit his or her ante and side bet, or raise, with the wager being twice the ante.
4) The dealer reveals his other four cards.
5) For the dealer to qualify, he must have an ace, king or higher. If he doesn't, the player wins even money on his ante and the raise is a push. If the dealer qualifies and has a better hand than the player, the player loses both the ante and raise. If the dealer qualifies and the player wins, the ante pays even money and the raise pays odds based on the winning hand. If dealer and player tie, the ante and raise are a push. The progressive side bet is based solely on the poker value of the player's hand.
The house edge is just over 5 percent, which is high. But a player who employs a sound raise strategy can cut that number in half.
There are very few absolutes in the game, but some of the general rules to follow: Always fold if you have less than the dealer's qualifying hand (king high) and always raise if you have any pair or better.
Also, playing the progressive side bet is popular, but it is difficult to hit and the house edge is almost 30 percent.
Caribbean stud poker is a game with one simple decision to make based on the cards you have in your hand and what the dealer is showing. On the whole, it is not a difficult game, and once you get the hang of it, you can really make progress as a player.
Play tech casinos offer free online versions of the game if you have never played before, and this is a good way to get involved, learn what you can about the strategy of the game itself. Don't really pay attention to your wins and losses in free play. This is really about establishing a knowledge of the game and how to play it so you will be familiar with it when you get to the real money on play tech.
Caribbean Stud is a fun, easy game that you will get the hang of quickly and it won't take you long to find some success.